Friday, April 12, 2013

My 35th Birthday Nails!

Hey Everyone!
Happy Friday April 12th!

Today is my birthday and I wanted to show ya'll what I chose to wear today!
I didn't want to do like the typical cupcakes or balloons but wanted to go out comfort zone and do something I've been wanting to try.

I wanted to have some fun and try doing some non stamped flowers.
I used a striping brush for the branches and a dotting tool for the flowers. 

I guess they are kind of cherry blossom inspired.


Julep Jessica
Julep Mandy
Julep Teri
Julep Grace
Julep Fast Dry Topcoat

 China Glaze Fairy Dust
Konad Special Stamping Polish Black
(Since I have not set up my nail room, I am working with all my Juleps and some others. I did not have a brown in my refined stash so I took the Konad black and added a little bit of nail thinner to get it watered down to paint with a stripper brush)

 You can see in above how I put the Fairy Dust just on the branches and flowers to add just a bit of bling. I think something would be wrong with me if I did not use Fairy Dust on my birthday!
Just love that topcoat.

I even did the design on my non dominant hand!
Below is the comparison of the two hands:
 Left Hand
 Right Hand
Not to bad for painting with my non dominant hand. I realized I made the flowers slightly smaller. I guess I have a rougher application of a dotting tool with the dominant hand. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment